Wednesday, 20 April 2016

Birthday card: Pink polka

Hi everyone

I made a birthday card today: it's pink and it's polka.
I created this card for +luluputv Challenge#60. I used my 1" circle punch to punch out some thick vellum, which I then coloured using sketch pens. Sketch pens are water based pens. They are cheap and handy. However, if used on paper, they bleed out after a while, as water gets into the pores of paper. But same is not the case with vellum.

Don't forget to blend the colour using your finger or a wet wipe. I used plain old tissue tape to stick them to the card surface, and the colouring hid the tape so neatly.

I used some glossy accents on the stamped balloons and white sakura gelly roll pen to colour the sentiment.


 I used some shiny organza ribbon and a golden wire for more interest.
Since the panel was a bit smaller than the card bae, I coloured my card base using alcohol ink markers, so that it remains permanent.

Here is how it looks on the inside.


I got inspired by the translucent polkas on the moodboard for this Challenge.
They look so simple, and simple is definitely pretty!


1 comment:

  1. Sweet card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lulupu this month! :)
    Suchi - DTxx

    ReplyDelete